Monday, February 26, 2018

"The Woman in Me"

This week I listened to Shania Twain's "The Women In Me". This album wasn't really what I expected it to be. I expected more upbeat sounds, powerful vocals, and empowering female lyrics because of the album name. Now I did get that with the song "Any Man of Mine" and more or less on a few other tracks, but "Any Man of Mine" was definitely the stand out of the album. Twain has a beautiful voice however she relies on a lot of male background vocals in this album which also slightly bothered me, its a slight distraction from her voice. Even with those gripes I can see why this album is popular. It delivered that generic country sound, but from a strong female vocalist perspective.
                                                       
                                                       
                                                         https://youtu.be/4TEhliSh_f4

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the Journey

This has been an interesting journey. I can see why people enjoy country music and I can see why people do not. After listening to a couple ...