Tuesday, March 6, 2018

"Waylon Jennings' Greatest Hits!"

This week i'm reviewing Waylon Jennings' "Greatest Hits" album. This is my favorite country album so far, I have a feeling I favor older country music. My reasoning is the acoustics, the guitar strums and vocals are fast and upbeat even when they're not supposed to be. For example "Luckenbach, Texas(Back to the Basics of Love)" Is a slower song about love and wanting to rekindle a healthy relationship with his significant other, but even with a slow song topic and sound the song moves at a fast pace. This goes for pretty much the whole album, I actually think there was only one song over four minutes, and the extra eleven or so seconds it went over the four minute mark was just faded out instruments and silence. I appreciate Jennings' short tracks. It makes for a quick clean delivery of the sound he's trying to get across, which he does greatly. His lyrics and vocals were clear and full of story which makes his music very entertaining. A good example of this is "I'm a Ramblin' Man" which is probably my favorite track on the album. It's a very fun song. I'm not sure if Jennings' made the list i'm referring to for albums again, but I hope so I really enjoyed his sound. If he didn't i'm definitely looking up more of his music after this project!


No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the Journey

This has been an interesting journey. I can see why people enjoy country music and I can see why people do not. After listening to a couple ...