Tuesday, April 17, 2018

"Taylor Swift"

This week i'm reviewing somebody i'm familiar with Taylor Swift! Now i'm familiar with the newer "2016-2018" Swift who is more pop than any other genre. I'm not a super fan, but I definitely can name and sing along to a couple of her recent tracks. I knew Swift started as a country singer, but going into this album I expected to hear some pop influence. Boy was I wrong. This might easily be the most "country" country album i've reviewed yet. From the instruments to the lyrics and even her vocal tone, they're all pure country. A great example of this is the track "Picture to Burn" this track is so country that you can even hear a banjo, which is easily one of the most country related items on earth. I can see why this album lead Swift to stardom she really captures the essence of what I believe country music is trying to portray and she does it really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the Journey

This has been an interesting journey. I can see why people enjoy country music and I can see why people do not. After listening to a couple ...