Tuesday, March 20, 2018

"Some Hearts"

Carrie Underwood is country music's Mariah Carey, that was my first initial thought listening to this album and I still think that after finishing the album. Underwood had very strong vocals and held long notes while singing, similar to Carey. I thought this album was pretty good. I understand why it was listed as one of the best country albums to listen to. There was a great mix of the iconic country sound and a more modern pop sound. I see this album appealing to younger and older fans of the genre, which is probably why it's so heavily praised. I enjoyed the track "Don't Forget to Remember Me" which provided that classic country sound that I'd say I've enjoyed more than the modern more pop sound. Overall I'd recommend this album to somebody like me whose just getting into country music. It had a great mix of tracks that an entry listener would enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the Journey

This has been an interesting journey. I can see why people enjoy country music and I can see why people do not. After listening to a couple ...